Monday, May 25, 2009

Write about the Peaceful Times Too


Just to be fair, I thought I'd actually pop on when the aliens let my kids come and visit. You know, I shouldn't always write about the horrible parts of raising teens. Sometimes there are good times still, like the old days.

Grant calls me last night and says to scratch his old plan of not returning to school this fall (which had soooo disappointed us - nothing good ever comes of taking time off from college, not in my opinion anyway). Now he's going to go ahead and keep going. Yeah!

You know, you can't make these kids do anything. You can tell them to please learn from your 40 years of wisdom. They want to figure things out themselves. And I get that, I do. I remember wanting to make my own way. I mean, I completly left the state at 18 years old and moved myself to Colorado. Loved being on my own in my OWN town. Loved buying my car byself and getting myself a job and paying my own bills. I get it. But it sure would be nice if they did listen a bit. Well, maybe he did since he's going to keep going.

Ashley is mellowing with graduation nearing. I remember getting nuts as it came around. It made me stressed out. Ashley seems to be taking it all in stride. That makes things a lot easier on mom, for sure! She layed down in bed with me this past week too...hadn't done that in months...was very nice....short cuddle. So sad those are pretty much gone but I understand they have to be. She's pretty much a grown up after all as is Grant. Just sad they're gone.

Blake has stepped back in to the public schools and tested beyond his grade after a year back home. Perfect! yeah! He had dropped considerably after two years at public school (6th and 7th) compared to his first six years of schooling at home. That's why we pulled him to get him back on track and he is. Tested post high school in vocabulary and comprehension, 10th grade in language arts, ready for 9th in math even when there was still six weeks of school left. I feel very good about having pulled him and gotten him back on track. At the end of 7th they were going to hold him back!

Well, anyway, thought I should post good news too!

1 comment:

jennie said...

Thats LOTS of good news!!
And I have to day that photo is so cool:)

Glad to know that teens are not ALL bad, all the time. You give me hope!